Aramide Tinubu Resume 2018
Phone: 773.490.7833 Email: email@example.com Website: awordwitharamide.com
Engaging and passionate entertainment journalist with a wealth of knowledge of cinematic criticism. Compelling interviewer with on-camera and live event experience.
Entertainment Writer | The Cheat Sheet | New York, NY | August 2017- Present
· Generates, pitches and writes evocative headlines daily for witty and quality articles that have soared on MSN, AOL and Yahoo.
· Delivered an astounding 10 million pages views in November 2017 as the top writer company-wide.
· Constantly optimizes articles and updates them using established SEO, marketing and engagement strategies.
Entertainment Writer | EBONY & JET Magazines| NY, NY| Feb. 2017- Aug. 2017
· Delivered feature print cover story for EBONY Magazine’s July/Aug. 2017 edition featuring the cast of OWN’s Queen Sugar.
· Established exclusive content and garnered celebrity interviews including Spike Lee and John Singleton.
Managing Editor | Hollywood.com | New York, NY | August 2015 – January 2017
· Oversaw and guided staff of writers while increasing website traffic by 50%.
· Improved user engagement by establishing best SEO practices while ensuring the continued enhancements of the site.
· Formed relationships with partners Playbuzz and Apester while keeping a pulse on viral content.
· In January 2016, one item alone garnered 4.2 million pageviews.
· Planned, programmed and researched with Ad Sales team, writers and Social Media Editor to deliver quality trending and evergreen entertainment news.
Contributing Writer | Shadow and Act | New York, NY | January 2014- Present
· Critiques an expansive list of films and TV series yearly as an increasingly sought-after film critic.
· Generated a breath of media contacts and travels extensively for press junkets, major film festivals, and VIP events.
· Produces exclusive interviews with entertainment figures including Oprah Winfrey.
Columbia University | New York, NY| Masters of Arts in Film Studies 2014
New York University | New York, NY | Bachelors of Arts in Cinema Studies 2012
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Film Criticism, Journalism, Management , Communication, Time Management, Photoshop